The ancient port of Peschiera
The ancient port of Peschiera. The ancient port of Peschiera is depicted in this diagram. Today the walls shown in this photo from the late nineteenth century no longer exist, demolished in 1910/1911 for the modernisation of the city. On the north side of the fortification the effigy of the Lion of Saint Mark was present, now housed at the entrance to the Town Hall. On from the gardens, across the street is the PadiglioneUfficiali.